2021 Millennium Series
2000 Class Millennium series 2021
The 2000 Class Association’s mission:
o To provide a focus for anything to do with sailing the 2000 dinghy, the best entry-point racing dinghy in the UK.
o To offer competitive and friendly racing in the 2000 at venues around the UK.
o To improve each member’s individual sailing ability, racing performance and sportsmanship.
o To develop the sailing community as a whole and promote dinghy sailing as a brilliant leisure activity.
The Class Association aims to create events for 2000 Class sailors that will provide enjoyable sailing in a friendly, competitive environment, in line with the Class Association Code of Conduct.
Each Millennium series event will have prizes and mementos awarded as follows;
1. Medals for top 3 helm and crew overall.
2. Medals for leading ‘Family Junior’ team.
3. Memento shirt for every competing junior.
4. Memento for all teams taking part in their first 2000 Class event.
5. Sponsor prize for the team (outside the top 3), with the most consistent (lowest) score in all races.
6. Sponsor prize for the leading team that has not won a sponsor prize so far during the year.
7. Prizes as provided by the host club.
Shirts and sponsor prizes can only be awarded once to a person/team, during the year.
The overall series will have prizes awarded as follows;
1. Top 5 overall (engraved award).
2. Chairman’s award for the team that has embraced the class ethos during the year.
3. Training reps award for the most improved team.
4. Sailing sec award for the team who has attended the most events outside the top 5.
5. Publicity award for the team/person who has created the best event report, or the best event photo.
Sponsor prize allocation
Coaching place on 1 day course; Most consistent at each event outside top 3, with lowest score.
Boat repair course; Leading team at a 2 day event that has not won a sponsor prize so far during the year.
Foil overhauls; Leading team at a 1 day event that has not won a sponsor prize so far during the year.
Coaching place on 1 day course; Most improved team during the series as selected by Training rep at end of series.
Coaching place on 1 day course; Top family junior team overall in series.
Boat repair course; Team who has attended the most events outside the top 5 places at the end of the series, as selected by the Sailing Sec.
Foil overhauls; Publicity award for the team/person who has created the best event report, or the best event photo during the full series as selected by the Publicity officer.
Hull & foil gel overhaul; Chairman’s award for the team that has embraced the class ethos during the year.
Class flag signed by all host clubs and event winners; Team with the most memorable start of the year as selected by the 2000 Committee.