2022 Millennium Series
2000 Class Millennium series 2022
The 2000 Class Association’s mission:
- To provide a focus for anything to do with sailing the 2000 dinghy, the best entry-point racing dinghy in the UK.
- To offer competitive and friendly racing in the 2000 at venues around the UK.
- To improve each member’s individual sailing ability, racing performance and sportsmanship.
- To develop the sailing community as a whole and promote dinghy sailing as a brilliant leisure activity.
The Class Association aims to create events for 2000 Class sailors that will provide enjoyable sailing in a friendly, competitive environment, in line with the Class Association Code of Conduct.
Each Millennium series event will have prizes and mementos awarded as follows;
- Medals for top 3 helm and crew overall.
- Medals for leading ‘Family Junior’ team.
- Memento for all teams taking part in their first 2000 Class event.
- Sponsor prize for the team (outside the top 3), with the most consistent (lowest) score in all races.
- Sponsor prize for the leading team that has not won a sponsor prize so far during the year.
- Prizes as provided by the host club.
Sponsor prizes can only be awarded once to a person/team, during the year.
The overall series will have prizes awarded as follows;
- Top 5 overall (engraved award).
- Chairman’s award for the team that has embraced the class ethos during the year.
- Training reps award for the most improved team.
- Sailing sec award for the team who has attended the most events outside the top 5.
- Publicity award for the team/person who has created the best event report, or the best event photo.
Sponsor prize allocation
7 one-day coaching courses to be awarded to “Most consistent at each event outside top 3, with lowest score.”
5 boat repair courses to be awarded to “Leading team at a 2 day event that has not won a sponsor prize so far during the year.”
2 foil overhauls to be awarded to “Leading team at a 1 day event that has not won a sponsor prize so far during the year.”
A one day coaching course to be awarded to “Most improved team during the series as selected by Training rep at end of series.”
A one day coaching course to be awarded to “Top family junior team overall in series.”
A boat repair course to be awarded to “Team who has attended the most events outside the top 5 places at the end of the series, as selected by the Sailing Sec.”
A foils overhaul to be awarded to “Publicity award for the team/person who has created the best event report, or the best event photo during the full series as selected by the Publicity officer.”
A hull and foils gel coat overhaul awarded by the Chairman to “the team that has embraced the class ethos during the year.”