2000 Class Association code of conduct.
2000 Class Code of Conduct
The 2000 Class Association expects all members and their guests to show respect and understanding to each other, treat everyone equally and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the 2000 Class Association.
Abusive, aggressive or discriminatory language or behaviour, or a lack of respect for other people and their property, will not be tolerated. Misconduct should be reported to the Committee and may lead to disciplinary action.
The 2000 Class Association implements the RYA Racing Charter and members will be expected to sail in compliance with it.
2000 Class Association members are expected to:
- Abide by the Class Association’s rules.
- Follow the Class Association’s and clubs [operating], [safety] and [safeguarding] procedures.
- Treat members and visitors with respect and understanding, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Avoid the use of language that others may find offensive, whether on club premises, at a Class Association event, or when using the Class Association’s social media channels.
- Encourage all members to play as full a role in the Class Association as they wish to and support them in developing their skills and experience.
- Recognise the contribution of coaches, instructors, officials and volunteers.
- Prioritise the safety and wellbeing of participants.
- Promote courtesy to other water users.
- Use established procedures where there is a genuine concern or dispute.
2000 Class Association members can expect to:
- Feel welcome and valued.
- Be respected and treated fairly.
- Be listened to and kept informed.
- Be involved and contribute towards decisions within the Class Association.